Well my adventure goes on. Really it is just life, but it always has a little twist when you are in a foreign country. About a week ago I started having problems with a wisdom tooth. It is part of a wisdom tooth. And every now and then it would hurt but for the last week it was starting to feel bad and my gums were swollen. I woke this morning at 5 a.m. and knew I had a problem immediately. I could feel that it had really swollen and yes my worst fear it is infected. Paty took me to the office where she sees an orthodontist. Yes, it is infected...yes I know I have cavities...(one reason I hate going to the dentist is because it is always embarassing to me having them tell you how bad your teeth are. Like I don´t already know that.) She called over someone else to look at my tooth...and at first he said that they could not help me that I needed a specialist and I should go to Tegucigalpa. Now that isn´t like saying "Oh I know a great dentist over in Arlington" These two speak pretty good English. But then by the time I left they had made me an appointment for Thursday morning. I asked if they would just look at my tooth Thursday and I would have to go somewhere else to have it pulled? She said no I would have it pulled there but she could not do it, the doctor would have to do it.
So....I went to the pharmacy and picked up my antibiotic and my pain medicine to take until Thursday and then I will go at 9:00 and I THINK I will have my tooth pulled. She told me I would need to pay 300 limperas on Thursday (which is about $15!) ...I think I have a new dentist! I may have some other things done here later, after I survive this emergency.
I will only miss one day of school, because Thursday is some type of a holiday and we are not having school. But I will probably not make it there on Friday.
Today I could tell that I was not patient with my 2nd grade students. They all want you undivided attention immediately...and when there is 1 of me and 15 of them that is not possible. I felt very exasperated by the time it was 11:30 and time for them to go to Spanish. I know it is the pain and discomfort of feeling like I have a golf ball in the back of my jaw!
So pray for me....and for my kids!
Also pray for me to find a house. I drove around town last night looking for places for rent. I found 3 which were close to Annette´& Lance´s house....but two of them are out of budget and one of them Rosi was never able to get an answer. So .... here I am ....Rickie and Lucy leave for the U.S. on May 14, and then I will need to move refrigerator and stove ...somewhere! It may mean that Annette´s garage at the house is full of stuff until I find a place. Please pray for me to find the right place at the right price in the right location. And of course, I would like to find it quickly...but my timing and God´s timing are not always the same. So I am trying to not get stressed about it.
Love and miss everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment