Hello from Honduras!
I arrived in Honduras yesterday. I am very happy to be back. Of course I miss my family, but God has made Honduras home in my heart.
I was thrilled and surprised to see my puppy Samson. Oh my goodness he grew so much in the 6 weeks I was gone! He is very big and as he grows his feet continue to grow and I am wondering when his body will catch up. Hopefully before he turns into a horse!
Exciting news ...today I found a house to rent. I will stay at Lance & Annette's house until May. They have a couple who are coming and wanted to stay in a house on their own, so they will be here for 3 months, and will stay in my house during that time. After they go back to the states then I will move in. It is exciting! It is also very blue. All the bedrooms and the kitchen are blue. The owner said she was going to repaint the living room and asked what color I would like...NOT BLUE please! So I asked for a neutral color, tan or brown, or something like that. The house is very nice...it even has some cabinets in the kitchen. The bedrooms do not have closets, but there are some shelves and a place to hang clothes in the corners of each bedroom. It has a large living area, kitchen, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a closed-in room in the back - sort of like a patio room, and a very large backyard. Samson will love the yard! There are ceiling fans in each of the rooms of the house which will be very nice. No air-conditioning so the ceiling fans will be very nice to have.
I am going to be teaching 2nd grade in the mornings and in the afternoons I will be in the learning center with the older kids like last year. Next week all the teachers will be at the school getting things ready for the start of school. First day of classes will be February 18.
Thank you for your prayers for me and for my family. I will keep you updated here.
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW...how exciting about your new house. That was fast. How did you find it. Take some pictures so we can see it. I knew Samson would not forget you. Bet he was glad to have you back and know you were thrilled to see him. You are missed here in Texas!!
Love,
Elaine
SO glad you made it back safely! I am so thrilled that God is providing you not a dinky apartment, but a house with a yard for Samson!! Next time you're home we'll all give you a blue accessory shower! (just kidding) We loved having you here and it is so very good to see your message. Keep 'em coming, OK??
Love, Lynn
Post a Comment