Yesterday I bought a new refrigerator and a new stove for my house here. Now we need to find the right house. The one we thought we had found, turns out not to be a good choice. The owner put some strange things in the contract...like I am responsible for ALL repairs to the house. Then when we told two of the Honduran teachers here at the school about the house and where it is, they both said that neighborhood has a bad reputation. And especially didn't think it would be safe for a North American to be living there. We would have never known if they hadn't warned us. We thought it looked nice enough, and it is only about 4 1/2 blocks from school so I could walk, making it desirable. But not if it isn't a safe place to be.
So I will continue looking...now someplace to stick my refrigerator and stove.
Yesterday we were in Tegucigalpa, we had looked at some home stores on Comayagua already so I knew prices...then we found some great deals at a store in Tegucigalpa. I also got a 10% discount on the refrigerator because I had to take the floor model, which was fine with me! So we have those in the back of the truck right now...thinking we would have a house to put them in today, but we will just put them here at the school somewhere until we find another house.
Please pray that we will find the right house, in the right neighborhood, at the right price, with a nice backyard for Samson!
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All that beautiful blue, too... : )
I know the Lord has just the right place for you and Samson. I'm glad you are going to have a watch dog.
It is sooooooooo cold here. The 80 degrees sounds pretty attractive.
Love you,
Lynn
I am continuing to pray for the right house. God knows what you need and we can trust Him to provide. So glad you found a refrigerator!!
Happy almost birthday!
Love,
Elaine
Post a Comment