Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I feel like I am making progress at re-entry. It is different being back here. I have caught myself being in a store and being surprised when I hear people around me speaking English and then I remember, Oh yes I am in Texas.

Now that I have easier access to the internet, I can post some pictures of the kids from Honduras.

Shortly after I arrived in Honduras we took the school to a museum called Chiminike in Tegucigalpa. It was a fun day! We really were not sure what to expect, but it was a very nice museum. Very well done and the kids had a great time! Actually we all had a great time! It was hard to tell who was having more fun, the teachers or the kids, we all enjoyed ourselves. During the day Lance said We arrived here with 120 students and 20 teachers, and we now have 140 kids having fun!


The kids got to try out lieing on a bed of nails. They all wanted to take a turn!






















There were a lot of hands on activities that were great fun for the kids!








Here is one of my students, Mauro, looking out of a tree.


One of the most fun things of the day was this giant climbing thing. We ALL had fun climbing on it. I didn't make it to the top, but about half way up before it was time for us to move on to the next activity.



The kids loved playing the life-size game of Operation!

And it was great fun sliding down the intestines!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, I just got caught up reading your blog! I can't believe I waited until you got back to the states to read all the way back to Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see you on Sunday!! Lynn