Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I have posted... it has been almost 3 weeks since I have checked my mail. A combination of atrip to the beach, a hurricane, busy at school, and the anxiety of going out on my own to get to the internet cafe... buthere I am today... facing my fears and anxieties, and trying to readthe 300 plus emails in my inbox! And doing all of this on a computer whose screen is salmon colored and the space key only works occasionally!

I will try to give you the short version and then try and give more details in the days to come...

We had a missionary reteat to the beach in Tela. It was wonderful! wonderful to see faces from home, and have Barry leading us in worship was like being at Restoration, and receiving treats and notes and gifts from home was wonderful!

It was hard saying goodbye to that piece of home that had come here,but it wassuch a blessing to all of us....

Next wehad ahurricane...well actually there was a hurricane that was a category 5 when it hit land, but by the timeit reached Teguc it was a tropical storm, and by the time it got to us, wegot a little bit of rain, but nothing out of hte orginary. We have had typical rainstorms that brought more wind and rain than what we got fromthe hurricane, so we were truly blessed! And the school wasblessed by not being hit with a strong storm!

I went on my first field tripwith the school. It wasalot of fun! We went to Chiminike in Teguc. It is an interactive children´s museum. The kids loved it and so did all the teachers. As Lance said when we arrived we had 130 kids and 20 teachers, and now we have 150 kids! Yea we had fun right along with them!

Yesterday we were in a parade! That was so much work and so much fun! We made a float. We have the most creative teachers! If you have ever been here and worked with them when they are decorating,you know what I mean.

As my eyes are now going cross-eyed from staring at the salmon colored screen for the last one and half hours, I am going to cut this short...but Iwould like to ask you to pray specifically for someofthe children who I amworking with atthe school.

Their names are Krissia, Keene, Nicolle and Mauro. These children are all behind for the year and may not pass on to their next grade. Please pray for the kids, and pray for me to have wisdom as I work with them. I am one of 6 other teachers who work in the learning center with 4th through high school - but each of us has now been assigned 4children who arebehind to try and help get them caught up. So it isn´t that these 4 kids have a teacher all to themselves, we still have all the other students who need our attention as well.

Love and miss you all!
Steph

No comments: