RAID IS OUR FRIEND!!!!!
Last night I was in my room, and I looked up and saw on the wall over the doorway a huge spider. Not just a big spider, not just a spider, but a huge thick spider. I would say that he was about the size of a saucer, the span of his legs. I calmly, (yes I was calm) walked out of my room and outside to where Annette and Lance were trying to take a picture of the VIN number on their truck. (Another story about trying to get their truck registered)... so I walked out and said Lance I am sorry but there is a huge spider in my room. He walked in got the raid and went to spraying. When he saw it he said¨"oh it is one of those. I haven´t seen one that big before". Annette said "It must be a T" (t for tarantula). Even Lance thought it was a big spider, so those of you who think I am just exaggerating, I´m not! It was HUGE!
Anyway, he killed it but we couldn´t find it... we moved everything in the room, beds, night table, suitcases, and there he was, curled up on top of one of my suitcases under my bed. He was dieing. We put him out of his misery, with some more spray and a crunch and he was wrapped up and put in the trash. Oh YUK!!!!!
I have recovered and actually slept without fear of him having a friend.
It is difference of being here and being in the states. It is more expected to find things like that, so you have to just go with the flow. Now I don´t like him and I would be happy if I never saw another one again, especially not in my room, but I am thankful that God gave me the courage to just roll with things. Also there is the fact that I didn´t have to kill it, thank God for Lance!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Kudos mom...way to not be completely crazy.
When I was there a spider like that almost fell on my head! It landed next to me on the cosita porch and I was the only one still up so I decided it was time for bed. =)
I'm glad you discovered the T on the wall and not on your pillow!! I'm not sure what I hate worse, Raid fumes or the CRUNCH of killing insects... I think in this case I'd have had to go with the Raid... EWWWW! What a splat that would have been with a shoe!!!
Sorry, the Crunch/Splat comment was from me... Love, Lynn
I would have COMPLETELY freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about going to Honduras .... but ......... :)
I miss you! :)
Stephanie, I am freaking out just hearing about the big bugs. I can just imagine the crunch sounds!!!!
I loved the story about directions to the boy's church. I pray you have a great week. Tommy is getting ready fot the retreat. His bags did get unpacked from the last trip but luggage is sitting in the guest room waiting........... Love, Nancy
Steph,
Isn't it fun to be living in a different place and knowing it is just where Father wants you top be. Spiders and all. HE provides help (Lance) in time of need.
Bob Midwood
Post a Comment