Friday, August 10, 2007

Hello! When I published my last post, I typed it on the computer at the internet cafe, and then I realized I didn't know which button to hit to publish it, because it is all in Spanish. I hit a button, and of course it was the wrong one, but it saved it. So I came home, call Joshua in the states and he logged on and was able to find it and publish it for me. Thanks Josh!!!

Tonight I am at the school, checking my mail, and for some reason I thought that since it is Lance's computer it would all be in English, but no still the website is in Spanish, but Josh told me the organge tab was the one that published and I believe that publicar entrada would mean publish entry... so I will hopefully publish what I am typing!!! I don't remember seeing that the night at the internet cafe...I was just so stressed not knowing which button to hit!

I have finished one full week of school. Last week we didn't have a full day of school everyday because of the events that the team was doing with the students and the teachers. So this was my first full week of teaching at the school. It is exhausting but I love it! The kids are great! The teachers are so wonderful to work with. Many are helping me with my spanish. They are really a blessing!

It has been a good week, and I am starting to feel more settled in, getting into a routine. The grocery store is weird, I have to get used to it. All the packaging is different, and they put things in weird places. Like I looked for raisins one day, and then Cindy, one of the missionaries here told me they are on the isle with the spaghetti sauce... so the next time I was there I found them, on the top shelf on the isle with spaghetti sauce. So I need to learn where things are at the store and what kinds of things to buy there to cook. So far I have only bought Diet Coke, yogurts, granola, raisins and breakfast bars. Pretty simple stuff. I need to figure out what things to buy to cook - I will have to watch Annette.

I have ventured out alone a couple of times, meeting up with Helen for dinner before she headed back to the U.S., and a few trips to the internet cafe. The taxi drivers immediately know that I can't speak spanish, but they have each one been very nice and even tried to teach me how to pronounce my words. Thank God for nice taxi drivers! I always pray for the right one to come when I am out walking to catch a taxi.

I love hearing from everyone! You can post here or send to my email address. It is the same - Aft3rglo@aol.com I will try to check my email regularly, either at the school or the internet cafe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are loved and missed. I love reading your blog and hearing about your life in Honduras. Raisins in the spaghetti aisle. :)I pray for you daily. Love, Elaine