Friday, August 17, 2007

Let me tell you a little bit about the days at school, and about the children. The hearts of these kids are so special. In their English paces they have to write sentences and many time the kids will write things about God, about Jesus taking care of them, about praying, about going to church. They are just so open to the things of God.

Before the kids take their tests we pray for them. And the children know this and expect it. Today I heard one of the children ask a teacher to pray for him before his test as no one had prayed for him. WOW!!!

One of the boys, who I have known for years. His first sentence to me each year is always, "Miss, where is Joshua?!" he loves Josh! His name is Kemel. He is so bright and has such a sincere and sweet heart! He was asking me this week if I have a church here in Honduras. And I told him that I do not yet. He was very concerned about me not having a church and he wrote down the directions to get to his church... go to the corner and turn and then go to the next corner and keep going and then go to the other corner and then the church is above the Farmacia. He is so sweet! And he is such a bright boy! He talked to me this week about being a doctor. I have been encouraging him that he can do anything if he continues to study and work hard in school. He says ,"yes Miss, all things are possible with God."

I will try to start writing more stories about the students here... and less about the buggy creatures. The students are wonderful and so are the teachers! The teachers have all made me feel so welcome here! I just love each one of them! Suyapa who speaks a little more English than I can Spanish (so we are quite a pair) but we talk mainly about the comfort of our shoes! My first full day of school I wore heels... NOTE TO SELF - wear flip flops!!!! She is so sweet and we both work hard to communicate with one another. She encourages me to learn Spanish.

Many of the teachers have been sick this week. Several have been out and some worked through the day today not feeling well. Please pray for the health of the teachers and the students here. We do have one student who had an appendicitis and is in the hospital.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stephanie (What's her name) just wanted you to know we are praying for you. Your seat in church will always hold a memory of your presence in our lives.

Love you and miss you,
Louise & Bob

Anonymous said...

What precious children. They are even more precious to God than He is to them. We would love to hear more.

We are praying for the health of the teachers and students. Praying for your health as well.

Love,
Carol and Ray,
Paige and Veronica


P.S. We have a new member to our family. His name is Wilson. He is a new golden retriever puppy. Ray took the week off and we are all about this puppy. He is so cute! I will send pictures.