I am on the final countdown...
I started packing boxes over the weekend. I have developed all my film from the past 9 years and I am almost done getting them all into photo albums.
Work is stressful... one of the girls who was to take my place was terminated, so I have 7 work days to train our new employee. Oh joy!
I'm packing the apt. for storage and planning for what to bring in my suitcase, and sorting through extra stuff and suddenly it hits me... I am moving to Honduras... I am really moving to Honduras. It is one of those dreaming feelings. Like is this really real? I am excited yet at the same time I have to catch my breath and pinch myself sometimes.
I am filling one photo album with pictures of friends and family, and packing my book Joshua wrote in with memories of growing up. When you downsize to two suitcases you really have to stop and look at each thing and think about what is most important to you. My conclusion is that I have way more stuff than I need - I love my family and my friends - I love the kids I have had in Sunday School and AWANA - and my God is totally awesome!
Most of what I need I already have, it's in my heart!
Seventeen days until take off .....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stephanie,
It was so special to get to visit with you today at the Life Group picnic. We're really getting used to the idea now... It is really going to happen.
This morning Jaylyne asked us to put Chris on our calendars for a specific time to pray for him weekly. We are going to be praying for him every Monday morning at 6:30AM. I've decided when I put him in our Palms to remind us, I'm going to put in an entry for you, too. We'll pray for you every Sunday morning.
Love you lots,
Lynn
Post a Comment