Wednesday, June 06, 2007

“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3

This past year has been an adventure - heart wrenching, frightening, and overwhelming; joyful and awesome, and I know it is just the beginning. I am still taken aback when I stop and think about God calling me to the nations. I am excited, honored, humbled . . . what an incredible day it is when you wake up and know that you are walking on the path that God has made for you.

As I reflect back since the time I returned from Honduras last August, I can see God’s hand in so many events. Things that just fell into place, like puzzle pieces that I couldn’t make fit together hard as I tried; but once I released them, He was able to turn them just right to fit perfectly. Isn’t it beautiful when He does that!

This is certainly a time of change for all of us. Joshua graduates from high school this year and is looking toward his future and the steps God will lead him in; as I am stepping into a new country and a new role in my life.

I will be leaving for Honduras with the team on July 29 to serve at Ruach International Christian Academy with Annette and Lance Turner.

Please remember to check my blog to stay updated: http://www.aft3rglo.blogspot.com

I am asking for your prayers as I make my final preparations at work, pack up my apt., and say good-bye to my friends and family – especially Joshua. I would ask specifically for prayer that I would keep my eyes on Jesus – the One who called me out of the boat, and when the devil begins chattering in my head that I would shut him up and put him out!

I know that God will provide for me financially as I step out as a missionary. This is one of those puzzle pieces that He has control of. My first month in Honduras I will stay with Annette and Lance; the following months I will rent a room at the Ministry School. I will come back to Texas in December to spend the holiday with family and make the necessary arrangements before returning in January.

If you wish to support me financially, all donations should be made payable to Restoration Church and will be tax deductible. If you feel led to support me monthly, please let me know your commitment. Monthly support can be made through the church as well. I appreciate your prayers and encouragement as I walk out my call to Honduras. Knowing that I have so many friends and family here to lift me up and pray for me means the world to me.

Stephanie


Restoration Church
1350 W. Euless Blvd.
Euless, Texas 76040



No comments: