Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A couple weeks ago I had had a rough day at work, and a rough day of ups and downs in getting the repairs done that had to be completed on the house prior to closing. I was feeling really beat up and asking myself "If I get this stressed and upset over things here, what will I do when I am away from my family and close friends and living in a foreign country, how will I react to situations there?" After giving myself a good mental beating, I tried to put on my happy face and headed to AWANA.

One of my kids comes to me before we got started and said "I need your autograph and your favorite Bible verse". I said "my autograph?" She handed me her AWANA book and it is a page where you are supposed to get a missionary to sign your book and write down their favorite Bible verse.

I can't even explain what that did for my heart! I said "Oh Shelby am I your missionary?" It was sweet Shelby Coffee.

Words cannot describe what that did to my spirit. I needed a child to call me a missionary, when I was at a low point, questioning my ability to walk out my calling to Honduras.
Love those kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing an amazing job there. You are growing in so many ways. Thanks for filling us in all that you are doing. Love you and miss you lots.

Caro, Ray, Paige and Veronica