It has been so long and so much has happened since I was last posting to my blog.
Since my return home I have been announcing my decision to move to Honduras sometime during the summer of 2007. The first thing to do was to put my house on the market. A little touch-ups here and there and my goal was to be on the market by October 1. I signed with a realtor on September 29. I made it!
Life has been a whirlwind since listing my house. There were days where I prayed no one would want to come and see it so that I could go home. When I first contacted a realtor I was told this is not really the time of year to sell a house, not high time for the selling market. Well I couldn't tell that around my place. By October 31 I had a contract for sale on the house, then another buyer stepped up and made an offer. After an inspection I learned I needed some foundation work. The negotiations got completely out of control and it being 2 weeks before Stacy & Travis's wedding I asked my realtor to stop negotiations. A few days after the wedding the original buyers came back again, at this point we could all think rationally and realistically, and now the buyers were under a time crunch, they needed to move from their current apt. by the end of December, so they were much more willing to negotiate to what I was asking for.
You know how when you just know something is right? Well that was how I felt. I think I made my realtor a little nervous. It was November 28, and I was agreeing to close on December 26. The hitch is that I needed to get the foundation work done - 21 piers - then get the cracks in the brick repaired - and get the cracks in the house patched and painted. I called the foundation company to get on the schedule, they said no problem, they could definitely do the work in time, probably the week before Christmas. . . which meant afterward I still would have to get the brick repaired and the interior cracks patched. But I knew it was right. Then came a confirming sign - before I had I met with a realtor God had given me a number, this was not the selling price we were asking, nor was it the number that we sold for, but when I subtract the price of the foundation work, which is coming out of my money at closing, from the price I sold the house for - yep it equals that number God had given me. I know I shouldn't need things like this, but sometimes I get a little wobbly and I guess He knows I need these little signs He sends my way.
So still we were going to be crunched for time. . . then the foundation company calls me the afternoon of December 1 and says we just had a cancellation do you want to do your work on Monday December 4? YES! So the foundation work was completed and I ran into a couple of snags with some of the work I needed done so I needed these extra weeks to iron everything out, get the right bids and the right people to do the work. Today the cracks in my brick have been repaired and the interior walls are being patched as I type. And I got confirmation on my our new apt. today, so we have a place to go after closing!
Now. . .let me back up a few years. . . I just love how God works! He has all these puzzle pieces that only He could ever make fit together! So many people from church helped to fix my house up which began in 2004. I think back to that time and the disrepair the house was in, roof, doors, paint, carpet, and the people who came with it in their heart to fix it up. And at that time God knew that in a few years I would be laying this house down to move to Honduras.
Now move to 2005. In February we had an office paycut. At the time I was thinking "This is bad" I have learned over the last few years to be careful what I judge as "good" and "bad". In September 2006 my boss paid me the difference in my salary during the 7 months of the paycut - and this money is what I have been using for the repairs on the house - trips to Home Depot, and paint, and brick work, patching walls. . . and I thought that paycut was a bad thing.. . no it was a savings account and God knew exactly when I would need it!
I will stop for now, but still have some neat stories I want to share, but will post them later.
I will try to keep things updated here so that you can see what is going on as I prepare to make the move to Honduras.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment