Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hello!

Well I made it to the internet cafe tonight. I made it here last night too, but I obviously did something wrong because it did not post. I must have entered it as a draft and not actually pulished it, because it is not here.

I was rushed last night, Jim ran me up here, and I was trying to send an update but they were closing. . . so I guess I will start again.

The team arrived Sunday. It was great to see Joshua. I did not realize how much I missed him until I could see him on the other side of the glass when they were coming through customs. We rode on a school bus to the airport, which didn´t sound like fun originally, but it was a great trip, you could see much more I suppose because we were sitting higher on the bus. It was a good trip.

The teams are meshing together great! The team from Colorado had prepared some activities for the children at the church in Tegucigalpa. We went there after everyone arrived. They had some fun activities, with salvation bracelets, memory verses, and fun games for the kids.

Angel, Barbara Lee and Jim Faber stayed behind with Tommy and the rest of the team headed back to Comayagua.

Monday evening we had the teacher appreciation dinner for the teachers of Ruach. Everyone had a great lesson in FLEXIBILITY! After arriving back at the hotel people were getting ready, with showers and the electricity went out, then the storm hit. Down pouring rain and lightening, and then we did not have any more water. The teacher dinner was supposed to be outside at Annette´s house. We had decorated with Christmas lights, and set up table and chairs for 50 that afternoon. It got moved to Enlaces, thanks to Annette`s friend Autumn. We arrived, wet and in the dark, but with candles the festivities still happened. Power came back on during the last 10 minutes.

Tuesday the teenagers started their activities. They had some good response from the Honduran kids during the ministry time. Joshua did his teaching Tuesday afternoon. I was proud of him, I hear he did a good job on his teaching about perseverance.

We have played games with the kids 1st through 6th grade. Today was the end of that activity, and tomorrow is the water parks. The teenagers going to San Pedro Sula to a water park, pray for their safety, it is a 3 hour trip both ways. And the rest of us will be going with the younger kids and the kids from the orphanage to a local water park.

Friday we go to the orphanage for a cook out and then back to Comayagua for a time to share and end the trip.

It is hard to believe it is almost time for me to come home. It was hard today, being in the class with the kids this morning and I kept thinking that it would be the last time to do that with these kids. I will miss them all so much! I will miss everything about my days here helping at the school.

I have more to tell you. . . read Romans chapter 12. . . Lydia and I took a taxi here to email home before we meet the team across the street for dinner, so I better end now.

Look for more abut Romans chapter 12. . .read it while you wait. It has a lot to say!

Love you all!

Steph

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Hi, It was wonderful to hear from you tonight. I am sorry for you that your trip is almost over and will be praying for you as I know it will be difficult to leave. I love hearing about all that is going on there and look forward to more when you come home. I am off to read Romans 12. Love you, Elaine