Hello! Jim arrived safely Thursday. We all spent Friday evening at the ministry school, where Jim is staying until the team arrives, playing games.. . actually the men went in one room and played hearts and the ladies stayed in another room talking and laughing! It was a fun time. We had Paula and Mark and the kids with us yesterday evening, because they had to make a trip into Teguc with Annette to do some residency stuff.
Friday morning I woke with some stomach problems, but I am feeling better today. Although I have not eaten anything, so I am still playing it safe.
I left the school during lunch yesterday to come home and get some medicine then headed back to the school for the rest of the afternoon. I didn't think anything about traveling by myself, it was a good feeling to know that I was confident enough to do that. I am good at pointing. :)
Thursday evening we met Glenda at Villa Real for dinner. I had not had a chance to see her yet since I arrived, so we had a fun ladies night laughing and cutting up. Jim Pack took her kids to Wendy's so I haven't seem them yet, but I am sure it was a welcome break for Glenda.
We are preparing for the team's arrival, preparing for the team's arrival tomorrow, making preparations for Parents' Night at the school next week, and all the fun activities for the kids at the school.
Helen has been working with a group of girls at Restoration Church in Barrio Bokeem this week, so we are heading there this afternoon for their dance practice, then Helen and I are going to go downtown to do some shopping.
One of my second graders is having a birthday party at the school next Tuesday. His mom, Mary Cruz, made sweet invitations for all the children, and his teachers (me included!) so I have a birthday gift to shop for today.
I hear we have some who are coming on the trip who are having health issues, Michael Carrigan and Lydia Grady, please pray for them. Lance is still having back pain, please continue to pray for him. There is so much burning trash here that the air can really be bad, I just yesterday started having some congestion and headache so please pray that this will not turn into anything.
Joshua can you bring me some sudafed for nose and sinus congestion? I brought everything under the sun but that! But Thank God I remembered the Immodium and Tums! :)
Thank you everyone for your comments, I love staying in touch with everyone this way!
I was really sad at school yesterday, knowing that this was the end of the "school as usual" because when the team is here next week it is constant excitement. . . I enjoyed the day to day living and teaching at the school. But I am so excited to see Joshua tomorrow! Once I get him here, it will be hard for me to come home!
Thank you for your prayers, please continue to pray as the team travels here tomorrow, one team from Restoration and the team coming with Corey from Colorado. And pray for the people here in Honduras that we have come to love on and tell about Jesus!
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Steph
I am sorry you WERE having stomach problems, and glad to hear you ARE well now. I am so happy for you and for all the fun you are having. Noone deserves it more, and I know you are making a lot of children happy too! I pray blessings on you and all those who are there doing the Father's will AND the people of Honduras too!!
Love you,
Mary
Dear Step, How wonderful to hear your experience but more so to hear your heart. Looks like you just might have to come home and pack up.
Don't you just love it in the field, love being with other people who are of one heart, for Christ?
It was good for me to hear about the illnesses and the pollution, The same thing is happening with the team in China. it reminds me that the weight of the Rx is not too heavy and maybe some of the other things should be left behind. We have 20 days before we fly.
I really identified with you about your pleasure in the fact that you can get around on your own. I can see you!
How wonderful to hear about the team there. There are so many more than I realized.
We are praying for you, Love ya, Marketa
Stephanie, I hope you are doing well. I heard from Tommy yesterday. He said everything was going great. Praying you'll will have an awesome week and accomplish even more than you set out to do. Love, Nancy Briggs
partial prayer request list.. thought you guys would appreciate it. Marketa
In South Asia, some cross-cultural workers went into a dozen grocery shops, looking for and asking for brown sugar. The workers share: “Each time the reaction was a funny look or laughing followed by a ‘no,’ but they all seemed at least to know what we were talking about. Finally we told a friend about our brown sugar dilemma. First he looked panicked and shushed us, then he started laughing, and told us not to say those words…He told us that when you say ‘brown sugar,’ people think you are asking for drugs…We kinda feel like we need to go back to all the shops and give them an explanation, using pictures.”
A missionary in Oaxaca, Mexico writes: “The local Bible leader and his family continue to be strong, even though some people in the village want us to leave. I traveled several hours through almost impassable mud and water to reach the village, and the next morning the Bible leader told me some neighbors tried to sell us some poisoned bread for breakfast. We both smiled as we thought about what the Bible says in Luke…Later, we relaxed as his wife fixed us some ‘chicatanas,’ which are giant ants that come out of hibernation after the rains start. We fry them, squirt a little lemon juice on them, and then sprinkle chile powder on them. As we were ‘chowing down’ on the ants, he looks over at me, laughs and says, ‘Wow! You eat the whole thing! I usually pull off the head because it gets caught in my throat.’”
* Please pray for cross-cultural workers as they carefully learn new languages.
* Ask God to grant missionaries strength and protection as they demonstrate the love of Jesus to their people groups.
* Praise the Lord for a sense of humor—serving the Lord is always serious business—but it can be filled with laughter
Hello Steph, My Friend,
I sure am missing you. I'm glad you're better and that you are enjoying everything God has put your hand to do while you're there. I know He has been pleased by your heart toward the people there. I love your heart. I miss you...did I say that already? :)
I pray God will continue to use you for His glory and that He will bless all you do and reward you with personal blessings that are from His heart to yours.
Have fun!
Much love,
Marjo
Post a Comment