Hello! After I left the internet cafe last night I remembered one big event that I left out of my update. . . Daibe, Pastor Felix´s son, is here with us this week. He took a bus, another bus and a taxi from Dan Li to Comayagua to spend the week with Joshua! Jim Faber asked Josh on Monday if he would like Daibe to come and of course he was thrilled. So it has been good for Joshua. It was very hard for him to think of coming and not getting to see his Honduran Family. So at least he got his brother for the week! We will see Bessie Friday when she is awarded the Amy Pack Memorial Scholarship. It will be a special time.
Did every read Romans 12? The weekend I was at the orphanage God took me to that chapter. I read it and read it again. Many times when He gets me to a passage He keeps me there for a while. There were many things that popped out at me while I was reading it. The first thing being that in my Bible the title of the chapter says Living Sacrifices. I felt like this chapter really spoke about this mission trip for everyone on the team. The next thing that really popped out at me (I am paraphrasing because I do not have my Bible with me). . . was in the first part of the chapter it talks about knowing God´s will. That was a big part of my trip, my first week here I was talking to Him about what his plan was for me in the future and in Honduras. The next thing that popped out at me was . . . I don´t remember the verse number, sorry, but it talks about having zeal, keeping the zeal. So I have been reading that chapter over and over since I was at the orphanage. Last weekend I had filled up my journal, so while Helen and I were out shopping we stopped in a little shop and I bought a spiral notebook to continue journaling in. The words on the front were in Spanish. I didn´t think much about the words, I just began writing in it. Then on Monday evening as I sat down to write I noticed that the front of the notebook says Romanos 12:1-21. I thought now how strange is that. . . God is definitely telling me something. So the next morning I asked Jim if I could share at breakfast for our devotional time. I had planned to read the first part of Romans 12. Before Jim had me speak, he said he had something he wanted to read. . . he read Romans 12:9 -21 . . . Now I am really going WOW!!!! So I shared that I thought it was so cool tha he read that section because I had planned to read at the beginning of Romans 12. I shared with everyone that I do not believe all this was a coincidence, but it was all orchastrated by God. . . me reading that chapter at the end of my first week here, then buying the notebook and later seeing that passage on the front, then Jim chosing that to read Tuesday morning.
This morning we were at the water park with the children at Ruach and the small boys from the orphanage. The older boys, with Mark, Hannah, Faith and John went with our teenages to San Pedro Sula to Wonderland the water park. I am sure they are all having a fun time!
Before I left Deanna gave me an amount of money. She told me that God have told her to give me that specific amount and that she felt there was going to be need in Honduras for that specific amount for me to give to someone here. One of the teachers at Ruach, Mary Cruz, she is so sweet! She has wonderful children, one of them you may meet, he is traveling to the states with Annette and Lance later this year to help them as they go to churches to talk about the school and their vision for their ministry here in Honduras. Well, Mary Cruz´s son, Celestino, thought he had lost his while a month or so ago. Well one day at the school they had someone there working on one of the toilets that was stopped up. They had to take much of it apart, and ended up pulling Celestino`s wallet out of the pipes. When this happened, everyone knew that he had not lost his wallet, but that someone had stolen it and then to hide the wallet had flushed it at the school. (we all laughed since you cannot flush toilet paper but some kid thought he could hide a wallet by flushing it). I do not know how much money was stolen from him, but God put it on my heart at that time to give Mary Cruz the money that Deanna had given to me. I had expected something like someone to say I need this specific amount of money, but after this happened, I knew that I didn´t need to know what it was for, but just that God had a plan for the money. Today I explained to Mary Cruz about the money, how God had spoken to Deanna about sending it with me, and how He had put it on my heart to give it to her. She began to cry and said that she had been praying for provision for her family, and that God had answered her prayer. What a beautiful moment! It was`t even so much about the money but that she had the faith to pray and that she would be so much encouraged because her prayer was answered. Answered through someone in the states who she doesn´t even know. Mary Cruz is a wonderful lady, with a wonderful family. Her son, Celestino, wants to be a preacher. He has come to the states for competitions with the sermons he has written. Some of you who have worked at the school before will know Mary Cruz.
I will miss my kids so much from the school. I was going around the pool this afternoon telling them all goodbye. I had fun playing with them today. I don´t think they realized my goodbye was goodbye, they will probably be looking for me on Monday.
Rosie came with us after we left the pool to hang out with us this afternoon. I told her I will miss her so much. I have worked with her everyday at the school. She made me feel a part of the teachers and not an outsider or a visitor. She really made my time there special, and easy to adjust and fit in.
Tommy`s teaching is going great! Last night they had all the students there, which I have been told is unusual, so that is good that they are there to learn much from Tommy. Lydia was there with him last night to help with ministry time after he taught,because many of the students are ladies. She said it was so awesome how they responded and received ministry. Several ladies from the team will be going to the school tonight as Tommy preaches to intercede during the teaching and help with ministry after class.
Joy, the English teacher at the ministry school, told me that one of the students is not a christian. He delivers the chips and snacks to the school, and heard that there was good teaching and that he could learn English so he just started attending. I do not know his name, but pray for him that he would receive all God has for him. We have all thought it was incredible that someone not a Christian would come to a Bible school, what an awesome experience I am sure he is having this week with Tommy`s teaching.
There are so many things from this trip I could tell about. . . I know I will be journaling for weeks after I arrive home.
Well I should close now.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
God is an awesome God!! Your blogging tonight blessed me immensely. I remember when I was in Kiev and someone had given me a specific amount of money to be given to whomever God laid on my heart. I don't know who was more blessed when I gave it...me or the woman I gave it to. And the Romans 12 story is amazing!!! Thanks for taking time to write it down. Miss you and love you, Elaine
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!, Steph! God is so wonderfully amazing! Your testimonies yesterday and Wednesday have blessed me so much. I just love hearing how much God loves his children and what lengths He goes to, to care for our every need. I cry at the love He showed Mary Cruz!
What really jumped out at me in Romans 12 was verse 5: "so in Christ we who are many form one body; and each member belongs to all the others." Because you're there with our Honduran brothers and sisters, ministering and reaching out to them, I really feel one with them...that we are connected. I can almost see faces of people I've never met.
I just want to say Thank You, Stephanie for going there and being Jesus with skin on to them and for sharing who they are with us. I miss you and can't wait to hear all your testimony. But I sure can feel your heart breaking to leave them. You're in my prayers and thoughts.
Have fun tonight with the Colbath's. Please, give them one more hug from me. Thank for you the updates. It's been a blessing!
Love, Love, LOVE you!
Marjo
That's so wonderful, Steph - I am so excited for you and for all the folks there in Honduras who are experiencing the Lord's provision this week! Have a blessed day!
Stephanie: Jim has something for you from Don & me. Thank you so much for your stories. They just warm my heart and make me smile. God is so GOOD!
It will be good to see you; however, I know that you are sad to leave. The Lord has blessed you with many precious memories.
Love, Phyllis 08-04-06 10:00AM
This is AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! I say again AWESOME! How wonderful is our God!
Love,
Carol
Post a Comment