Well I have had 2 wonderful days helping in the 2nd grade class. Rosie needs help with the number of kids and the amount of time needed to listen to them read and help with their word pronunciation and learning English. It is a ton of fun! I was so excited to help in her class, because you all know how much I love my 2nd graders at home! These kids are no different. Just speak a different language. :)
Last night I went with Annette and Lance to Bible study they have weekly with some other missionaries here in Comayagua. Lance led praise and worship, it was a wonderful time. Everything that people had on their hearts to share last night all blended together. It was a wonderfully blessed time for all!
I took a step out of my comfort zone today. It may not sound like much, but those who know me well will know this was a step for me. I told Annette I need to push myself to go out on my own. Today after school I took a taxi to her house by myself. She wrote on a paper the barrio I needed to go to, she sent me with her cell phone in case I had any problems, and considering I could have walked home it was not far, but for me it was definitely a step of faith. I made it with no problem! Tomorrow Annette and Lance have worship team practice at the base so I am planning an outing on my own after school tomorrow. Some easy places that will not require much explanation to the taxi driver... the Mall . . . Wendy's... maybe I will even get some icecream. Then back to Annette's house in Barrio San Miguel numero uno.
Paula is picking me up at the school Friday morning and I will spend the weekend with them at the orphanage and return to the school on Monday.
I am having a wonderful time. I love the school, the kids, the teachers. Today I sat with the teachers during lunch as they all spoke Spanish, I was able to get the idea from the few words I picked up and the gestures and facial expressions. . . but even though there was a communication gap I felt comfortable and happy being there with them.
Love you all! Thank you for all your comments and prayers. They are certainly felt and much needed. Sorry this post is so long, I am just excited about being here!
Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Steph, you give me courage to do the little things I am so fearful to do. I am SO proud of you. You sound like you're having a BLAST. Thanks for the updates.
Loving and praying for you,
marjo
Dear Stephanie,
I'm so glad you arrived safe and all your belongings too! I am enjoying reading of your time there. Please hug Paula's neck for us ladies here. I will pray for good health and God's love to touch others there through you. I would love to hear of your time there when you return. Perhaps we could all meet together(our ladies here) and you could share with us. Love, Pat Brogdon
Steph,
I am so glad you're having a good time. I am so excited for you and all the things you're getting to do. You're going to come back a different person. I'll keep praying for you.
Love you,
Stacy
Steph,
I loved reading about your day today. You did an great job of explaning everything...I could almost picture every situation. I so wish I was there with you! Please say hi to the teachers for me. I have an idea of where you can go on Thurday...not sure of the name, but that great place where they have the best mocha capp...cakes and something.
I'm praying for you Steph!!
Love,
Cristy
Hi Steph
Thanks for the cool comment!!!
I am so happy you are having a good time, and as I read about your step tears came to my eyes. I am so proud and happy for you!!
Love you,
Mary
HOORAY!! My mom has climbed out of her shell. Isn't it fun running around down there. Becareful still though. Hey, this year you will be taking me to tacos locos..... I am proud of you. Love you.
PS I am your son and the last person who posted; however, I accidently hit enter and posted without my name
Post a Comment