Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hola from the Internet Cafe in Honduras!

I am on my adventure tonight. Came to the mall. . . also known as the "small" . I am on the computer at the internet cafe. My plan is to go across the street to Wendy´s and then if I am still feeling adventerous I will take a taxi to the Central Park before I head back to Annette´s. They have a shop with the best ice cream in the Central Park! Sorry Cristy. . . I will take ice cream over coffee any day! But I do remember your coffee place, you and Patty!

Today at the school was a celebration day for the kids. They celebrated the Day of the Lempera. . . I didn´t understand all about it, but it is a special day, something about Indians. The month of July is a special history month for Honduras. Many of the children dressed in traditional Honduran dress. I got many sweet pictures. The girls loved being in their twirly dresses, big earrings and lipstick!

Tomorrow morning Paula will be picking me up at the school and I will spend the weekend at the orphanage. I am looking forward to seeing all of them, and passing out all the hugs and gifts that have been sent with me from the States.

The weather here has been wonderful. Nice and cool. It has rained every evening, which cools it down. I was telling Rosie today in class that it has been over 100 degrees in Texas since I left, we decided we would keep this weather we are having here! Sorry!

I love all of you and love reading your comments! Thank you for your prayers!

Steph

No comments: