Hola from Honduras! I arrived safe and tired yesterday afternoon. But so happy to be here!
Annette was patiently waiting for me as I was one of the last people to get off the plane, and there was a huge mission team there, so getting through customs and getting my luggage was an ordeal. But I made it! I helped at the Ruach today, I was in the learning center today. So I saw many of the kids that I have known from years past. That is always fun!
I think tomorrow I will be helping Rosie with the 2nd graders. Made me think of my 2nd graders at home! It will be fun to work with that age group here. I have not done that before.
All my luggage arrived safely. Although I was searched going through security in Dallas. My carryon which was full of boxes of crayons set off alarms. The lady who searched my bag had to open each box of crayons. She said that someone had attempted to come through with explosives disguised in a crayon box, so now they have to search all boxes of crayons. That was an interested start to my day, when I am carrying about 50 boxes of crayons in my bag. But I made it through!
I loved seeing everyone's comments on my blog page. Thank you all for your prayers during this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was so happy to hear from you and to learn that all is going well. I know the kids at the school were so happy to see you again! Have a wonderful day tomorrow. Praying for you!
I'm SO glad, Steph, to see you made it there with your luggage. You sound so happy and eager to be with the children again. I can't wait to read more updates. You're in my thoughts every day and always in my prayers! ily
That all sounds awesome. I am glad you are having fun, and I know you will have a blast with the second graders. I love you, mom. Keep us updated.
:-D
Post a Comment