I am back! I don't even know where to begin in telling you about my weekend adventure. I was picked up by the Colbath family and Chelsea at school Friday afternoon. The drive up the mountain is beautiful! The trees and the plants and flowers, everything is so green and beautiful! The boys are preciousos! I absolutely feel in love with them all. From baby Carlitos, to Ely who never stops talking or moving or eating, to the oldest, Roman, they are all so precious! I sat tonight and wrote about 8 pages in my journal, trying to take in everything I experienced over the weekend. The trauma these boys have suffered in their lives, and the love they are now experiencing, you can see how much they love Mark and Paula, and what a huge work the Colbath family is doing there. They are doing so much more than running an orphanage, they are giving these boys a new chance at life, they are raising them up to know the Lord, and the know the Love of their Heavenly Father. It is no wonder the devil keeps throwing things their way.
There is so much to tell you, I am honestly overwhelmed and not sure where to begin. . .
The boys all gathered around me Friday evening to pray for me. After Bible time Mark and Paula asked the kids to all get around me and lay hands on me and pray for me. WOW!!! There is nothing more precious to me than to hear a child's prayers. This truly was a highlight for me!
The weekend was filled with activity, crafts, painting pictures, playing outside on the swing, a trip into town to see a movie, lots of plates of food, and lots of fun!
A doctor from Comayagua came Sunday, with his family and another family from his church. (It was Dr. Herson, who stitched Joshua's head last year). They checked out all of the children, provided all the medicines, each child has several meds, vitamins, calcium, etc. His church has offered to pay for some further testing for the kids. This was such a blessing to Mark and Paula. While the kids were taking turns to be seen by the doctor, his wife was leading the children in praise songs. They brought each child a bag with snacks, fruit, coloring book, and crayons. The kids were all blessed by the day.
Please pray for the orphanage, for the kids and the Colbath family. They needs many prayers for the health of everyone there. If you could see all the bags of medicine for each of the children.
This morning I got up early to see the boys off to school before I came back to Comayagua. It was sad saying good bye to them, but I will see them again in a few weeks, so I have that to look forward to.
I was happy to be back at the school today. Rosie said when I wasn't in class this morning all the kids asked where I was. I got a lot of hugs when I finally got there today.
I know I have skipped over a lot. But I am still taking it all in.
Helen Jackson arrived safely in Comayagua yesterday. Chelsea has come to Annette's with me, and will stay until Thursday before returning to the orphanage. Please continue to pray for the work we are doing at Ruach, and for the orphanage.
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
P.S. Those of you who sent hugs, and gifts and cards for Paula, and the kids, they were all safely delivered, and loved and appreciate by them all. I was so excited to be able to deliver all the love and gifts to the family.
Steph: Thank you for your informative letter concerning the Colbaths and the entire family. We know they are doing a mighty work of God there, but to hear it from you makes it really hit home...how the boys love them, how lively they are, etc. I never thought about medicines they may take. Paula & Mark are so diligent in their care for the family, and blessed by people like you and the doctor & the others. Praise God. Still praying, your sister in Christ, Phyllis
07-24-06
I just spent some time leaving you a message and just like my attempt to be a blogger, I failed there too. I hope this one goes. Pete and I are so proud of you. It does take great courage to get into a taxi with a person who doesn't understand you. I've known people who never left their hotel in China because of that one fact. Thank God, someone gave us a list of places to show a taxi driver. Tell me how many children at school and orphanage. Give everyone our love. Know you are not eager to get home but you are sorely missed. Love and prayers, Pete & Marketa
Dear Stephanie,
I am so glad your first week there has gone well. It sounds like you are becoming a regular native! Did you get to spend some special time with Faith yet? I know Paula said Faith was looking forward to your visit. They must have all enjoyed a familiar face from home. I know you are a blessing to all there. Pat Brogdon
Post a Comment