2015 Newsletter
My “newsletter” has been my updates and photos posted
to Facebook. If you see me on Facebook,
you know a lot about my activities this year. As this year is coming to a
close, I thought it would be good to put it all together. A time to look back
and be amazed at what God has done this year, and expectant as I look forward
to next year.
Ruach
– Science Teacher
I made a big change in my responsibilities at Ruach
this year. I became the science teacher for 3rd – 7th
grade. What a difference to go from supervising high school and managing their learning
through Paces to teaching 5 science classes each day. I had to learn a lot of
material to teach the students, and I loved it! We did some amazing
experiments, got to use microscopes for their first time, and even extracted
DNA from strawberries. I had fun teaching
and loved watching the kids have fun learning about the amazing world God
created!
The first time on the microscopes!
I loved the excitement of the 3rd graders when they saw the chemical reaction that occurred when adding baking soda to vinegar! The looks on their faces, the oohs and laughter are things I will treasure from this year.
In 2016 I will continue teaching science for grades 4th
through 8th.
Ministerio
Renuevo
This is the church I have been attending for several
years. I am so grateful for this church
that has become family to me!
Children’s
Church - I help Marjorie with children’s church and care for
the babies and toddlers during the service. I have been able to provide a snack for the
children and workers each Sunday.
Girls’
Bible Study – Marjorie and I began a Bible study with
the teenage girls at the church. We meet at my house at 8:00 on Saturday
mornings. We completed a study on purity and are currently in the study Beautiful Inside and Out.
We often have time to play games together after our
study, before the girls have to catch the bus back to their homes. We have seen
the girls learn and grow in their relationships with each other and with the
Lord. It is a sweet and precious time
each week.
One Saturday the girls learned to make banana bread.
English Class - We just finished our first 6 weeks of English class in a community outside of Comayagua. There are many people from this community, La Isla, who attend our church, as well as the girls’ Bible study. I, along with my pastor and his wife, have a burden for this community. Imagine not having running water in your home. Imagine not having a front door to your house. Imagine your home has one small room for you, your husband, and your children. Imagine having dirt floors in your home. Now imagine that you are happy, you have joy, you are giving and loving and trying your best to care for your family. These things are hard to imagine, but this is the reality for the people in La Isla. Many of the adults in the community did not study beyond the 6th grade. Our desire is to encourage the children to learn and study and ignite the desire to continue their education.
We had 29 students who completed the 6 weeks
of class. Most days there were students
at the school waiting for us to arrive. The children were excited to learn
English and spend that hour with us each Tuesday after school.
First
Day of Class
At the end of our 6 weeks, we held a ceremony with the
students and their parents to recognize their hard work.
Esmeylin,
Clarisa, and Estefany with
their certificates
Gabriel and Luis
Celebration
Day with our English students
We will continue with English classes when I return to
Honduras in January. Pastor Joel has a
lot of ideas and dreams for how we can continue to minister to this community.
This is just the beginning of what God has planned for them.
How
can you help?
Pray! Pray for protection, for knowledge, for wisdom, for strength, and
for provision. You can help with financial support monthly, a one-time gift, or
any amount throughout the year. In
addition to providing my living expenses, your support also pays tuition for
some of the teenagers of my church attend high school, refreshments for the
girls each week at Bible study, drinks and snacks at church each Sunday, special
activities and supplies in science class at Ruach, and materials for English
class in La Isla.
All donations are tax deductible and can be made
payable to Ruach Ministries and mailed to Elaine Pack, 3524 Creekside Court,
Bedford, Texas 76021.
Thank you!
Stephanie Price
In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me
bold with strength in my soul. Psalm
138:3
No comments:
Post a Comment