I was blessed by my son to get to spend a week with my family on vacation in Orange Beach, Alabama.
It was my final morning at the beach, and I was out walking along the edge of the water. I was enjoying the beauty and the vastness of the ocean. As I was walking along I was praying about some things that were heavy on my heart. I was walking and worshipping in my heart,with this song we sing at church. It is one of my favorite songs....
Y la gloria de Dios
cubrira la tierra
como las aguas
cubren la mar
And the glory of God will cover the land,
as the waters cover the sea
I love this song, and as I looked out at the ocean, where you could not see an end, I worshipped.
"For the Earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." Habakkuk 2:14
As I was walking, and talking with God, I was watching for seashells. I had walked by some that were broken, but I was searching for whole seashells. I saw a broken shell come up on the shore, and I thought "that is so pretty, but it is broken."
That is when God spoke in my heart. "Those seashells are broken, but they are still beautiful, just like you."
So I kept walking down the beach, and picking up broken seashells. I came back with both my pockets full of beautiful, broken seashells.
This morning in our Bible study, I had each of the girls choose a broken seashell that they liked, then I shared this story with them.
We each have a shell to remember that no matter what we go through in life, regardless of bad choices we make, no matter how broken we might feel, we are still beautiful!
We are part of God's beautiful creation! Created in His image!
1 comment:
Love this post!
Post a Comment