Happy New Year!
I learned this week that the custom in Honduras is the first time you see someone after the new year, you greet them with Happy New Year. Even if it is a month later, because it is the first time you have seen them this year. So, Happy New Year!
It has been a while since I have updated my blog....the school year ended, we had graduation, packed up the classrooms, and I went to Texas to spend time with my family and friends. I ended the school year last year feeling discouraged and sad. I was so broken at the end of the year, I didn't even want to talk about school or think about the upcoming school year. I had a great time visiting and celebrating Christmas and New Year's in Texas.
As 2013 ended, and 2014 began, thinking about Honduras and the new school year, and praying about my broken heart, God spoke to me. He told me... this is a new year, and He has a new word, a refreshed word. So get ready. It will be like I am hearing Him for the first time.
Before I left Texas I bought a new Bible, for that reason. My Bible is highlighted and written in and you can tell my life for the past 10+ years from that Bible. I love that Bible, Stacy bought it for me after my first time to Honduras - my bilingual Bible. But when I pick it up to read it I am distracted by my notes and I go back to the same highlighted verses, and I am ready to hear God's fresh word for my life.
I love picking up my Bible every morning and reading and it is fresh, and it is new, like I have never read it before. How exciting God's Word is! I am studying the It Is Written devotional and last week read about the Word being God's breath. I love that God is breathing new life into me daily!
Have you read your Bible today? Maybe you need a new Bible. God's Word is alive and fresh and new and exciting every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment