Monday, November 25, 2013

Amy Elizabeth Pack Memorial Scholarship

My family always raises money to give a scholarship in honor of Amy.  This year Jim was not able to come to Honduras for the graduation, so I was given the honor of presenting the scholarship.  I felt excited, and at the same time I was nervous ...nervous that I could keep my emotions in control, and be able to honor Amy with my words....I wrote, prayed, wrote again and prayed some more.


Here was my presentation:  I am honored that I have the privilege this year to present the Amy Elizabeth Pack Memorial Scholarship.  Amy was my niece, but she taught me a lot about life.  She loved people and she really knew how to love.   She was very funny and could always make us laugh.   She brought joy to everyone around her.  Even though she was born with a disease it did not stop her from living life!   She loved Jesus with all her heart and wanted others to know him too.  She had a life-long dream of going on a mission trip.  In 1998 that dream was fulfilled.  She came to Comayagua, Honduras and she fell in love with the people here.  Before she died she talked to me about wanting to return here.  I believe her legacy lives on through each senior who receives a scholarship in her honor.




The scholarship was awarded to 
Nohelia Cristina Euceda Figueroa.  



Nohelia is an Honor student.  She is a leader in her class, an example to her classmates, and always ready to help her friends, classmates and the school in any way that she can.



Nohelia plans to study computer engineering.  I am certain that she will be successful in her studies and her career.  It am blessed to be a part of her life.


No comments: