During March we were busy preparing for the Central America Student Convention where our students spend the week with other students from A.C.E. schools in Central America. We have many competitions and games and the kids always make new friends and get to reunite with friends they have not seen since last year's convention. The kids love it and I love it too!
My students all did great in their competitions. Many coming home with medals, or were part of a team that won a trophy, and they have great memories from the week.
I would like to share some of their entries with you.
Testimony
Everything started since I was a
baby,
Problems between my parents got
crazy.
I lived with my grandma,
I was happy then.
A few years later her life came
to end.
I felt lonely I cried every
night.
I wondered if GOD was by my side.
I heard about Emos,
It sounded very cool,
But all that stuff made me look
like a fool.
I cut myself to make the pain
leave,
I was harming myself and my
family.
My mother always prayed for GOD’s
help,
Because of her prayers I realized
a thing.
GOD never left, He was always
with me
I was so blinded I couldn’t feel
His love,
Now I know He is the only one I
can trust.
I might fall sometimes since I’m
not perfect,
Now I have God that makes my
change worth it.
Selina
Saray Roberts Rivera
1st Place Poetry
Writing
These girls sang The More I Seek You by Kari Jobe and received first place! I cried while they sang this song. They were beautiful! That is one of my favorite songs and I was so moved by them singing this song.
No comments:
Post a Comment