Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I started out this morning excited to think about the mission trip I was going to be a part of.  Excited and anticipating what God would do and how I could be used on this trip.

I got up early this morning, got all my clothes washed, started packing, and then went to have lunch with friends.  It was a delicious lunch at Helen and Dennis Jackson's house and even included Helen's homemade brownies! 

I left to run a few last minute errands, then head home to finish up packing and then to rest and reflect and pray about the week. 

Only when I walked in my front door I saw some things lying on the couch and thought now how did those things get there? (Can a giant spider move a ceramic flower pot?)  Then I realized my DVD player was gone and my computer!  I ran upstairs and saw an open window in my bedroom, and all the closet doors and drawers in the bedrooms were opened.  Things were out and lying on my bed. 

I lost a watch, a special necklace, the DVD player (with my Jillian exercise DVD inside) and the computer Joshua had given to me for Christmas.

Well that certainly caused a change in my plan for today!  My world just went upside.  That boat that I felt was my safety zone just got rocked and very stormy!  I sat on my stairs today in tears, sitting with my friends, and asking if I should just give up!  When is enough, enough? 

If the devil was trying to stop me in my tracks or change my direction or break my faith, it didn't work!  When I talked to Joshua today he put it all in perspective..."Mom, you are safe, those are just things, you are going to Nicaragua, why would you not?"  He is right!

As my boat was rocking and I wondered if I should just jump ship I am thankful I had people around me who helped to steady me.  You need people like that!  To be there to lean on and pray with. 

2 Timothy 1:7

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

 

No comments: