The final day we were in Nicaragua we got to be tourists. We went to a lake, which is the largest lake in Central America. It was huge! We went on a boat tour. Saw amazing mansions and some wild monkeys!
Ready to go!
Two boat loads of us ready for the tour!
This was my favorite house!
Marjorie and Joel
Marjorie and I
Some of our fun team!
To get out to the boats, and coming back to shore....
you had to walk on these sandbags out to the wooden pier.....
Out to the very rickety wooden pier.
One of the beautiful island homes on the lake.
Wild Monkey!!!
He loved having his picture taken!
This island is owned by a veterinarian and it is called Monkey Island, because all that lives on the island are the wild monkeys.
After our boat tour we went to Granada for a typical lunch. And my camera battery started giving out. :( But we enjoyed some shopping and walking around the Central Park. It was a beautiful colonial city that reminded us of Comayagua. (or maybe we were just missing home)
After going to several areas to shop for sourveniers, we went to Apoyo Lagoon. It was amazing! Absolutely beautiful!
It was a fun trip. I made a lot of new friends. I feel more connected with my church here, getting to know people from the location in San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa, but I was also so happy to be back home! When we got to the border and crossed back into to Honduras - it was a happy moment!
My favorite food in Nicaragua was candy! Marjorie and I discovered a yummy candy there and we ate a lot of it! It was great, along with a drink I had in the park called cacao which was made from from cocoa beans.
No comments:
Post a Comment