Sunday, January 20, 2013

God wants to be my Passion! 

This morning I was studying from a devotional and it was talking about worship.  I love this statement:  "God showed me true worship isn't something I go out and do; it's something I live."  by Shannon Alford from the Gateway Church devotions Love Expressed.

As I continued reading this study about living worship, God began to show me some things in my life.  Walls that I have put up.  I saw how my worship only goes so far and then there is a wall that I have put there.  He wants to break these down. 

I have to SURRENDER to have FREEDOM!

I opened my Bible and found some verses that I had been stuck in for a while last year.  I knew I needed to be in them, reading them over and over but I never saw what God needed me to see in them, until today.

Isaiah 58:6-14 - Here is what God spoke to me this morning as I read these verses again:

 Freedom!  God wants to set the oppressed free, he wants to break off every yoke.  I must let him free me, I have to walk in freedom before I can lead others to His freedom.  God wants to be my Passion.  When I put Him first in my life, when I walk with him first before anything else takes my time, when I am in relationship with Him, then I will find the Joy of the Lord.  All the things I pray for here, for the kids at Ruach, for all the city of Comayagua and the county of Honduras... for them to know God, to teach the kids to rise up and be a light, to see that light shining and others finding their way to God and to freedom, this will happen when we are seeking after God, when He is our first desire. 

When I make God my Passion, then I will find my joy in the Lord!

Isaiah 58:14 "then you will find your joy in the Lord...."








No comments: