Wednesday, March 28, 2012

God Answered A Question Today!

This morning as I was praying for my kids at convention and asking God again "why now?"....he showed me why now....as hard as it is for me to not be with the kids, I know the physical exertion of being there, the walking and up and down the hill and not much rest ... and as much as my heart wants to go my head knows I couldn't and shouldn't do it with the blood clot in my leg.  He reminded me how I felt Saturday, being at the medical brigade with the kids and just on my feet for 4 hours and what that did to me. 

So, why now?  Because they are at convention, they are being well taken care of.  And I know that physically I could not do it right now.  I want to be there to see them perform and compete in their games and events, and want to be there to worship with them and be able to experience their incredible week.....just like a mom.  But just like sending your kids off to camp, mom stays home and gets to hear about all the adventures when they get back. 

And next week is vacation, Semana Santa, so no class next week.  So basically, God worked it out for me to have these two weeks to rest, take my medicine, not stand up in the classroom and run around like a crazy person....it would be hard for me to not be at school if all the kids were in class - I would feel the responsibility to be there.

So, God showed me "why now?" - because now is the only time He knew He could make me be still and take care of myself. 

No comments: