Sunday, February 19, 2012

Worship Time at the Pila!


I love my Sunday mornings!  My church meets on Sunday evenings and Wednesday evenings, so I spend Sunday morning doing some of my wash at the Pila and listening to praise music and talking to God.  Honestly, it is one of my favorite times!  Being outside, enjoying life, I am not distracted by anything, it's just me, God and a bar of pila soap :)  Every once in a while Samson gives me a nudge and drops a tennis ball at my feet, but that just adds to my God conversation. 

So this morning while I was "pila-ing", No Sweeter Name began to play ....as I was singing the words and praying about Honduras and all that has gone on here the past few days.... 

.... Prison Fire here in Comayagua where hundreds died ( I have heard reports as high as 382 dead).  ....100ish escaped from the prison.... the fire in the market in Comayaguela yesterday - 500 stalls destroyed ...fire in an apt. in El Progresso...retaliation by gangs? 

Loss of life, loss of support for families ...So much going on around us here...so much darkness, so much that could cause fear, despair, hopelessness....

So this morning as I was singing this song  - No Sweeter Name than the name of Jesus! God really spoke to me through this song-

"...You are a light to my heart and my soul, you are the light to the darkness around me,
you are the hope to the hopeless and broken - you are the only truth and the way!"

This made me think of the lighthouse decoration that God showed me for the Learning Center and the verses he put in my mind.




When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,
"I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  John 8:12


When we walk with Jesus we will never walk in darkness....as I read that verse this morning that jumped out at me....NEVER WALK IN DARKNESS....No matter what is going on around us, if we follow Jesus we will never walk in darkness.  That isn't something I am saying or that I thought up, it is what Jesus says!

So today I am walking with Jesus, and I will not walk in darkness, and the Light of Life will be with me everywhere I go and I pray that I will be able to share that light with those around me!

God Bless Honduras!!!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Awesome! Love how God speaks to you while you do your laundry. :)