Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A sweet friend, Lauren Calabreese, asked me to come and speak to her son's first grade class at CCA in Grapevineish area (I never exactly know where I am when I am in Texas).  The class is collecting school supplies for Ruach as a mission's project.  I have been invited to come and speak to a class that one of her boys are in each year that I am back in Texas.  I always enjoy coming and sharing about Honduras and about my life here.  I usually get asked some fun questions....the first year I spoke there was one of those super smart kids in the class who raised his hand and asked me... "What is the altitude above sea level of Honduras?" --- Uh, no clue, but that's a great question...Next!

This year I was asked sweet things like..."do you wash your clothes in a river?" ....not exactly, but I did explain my Pila along with some photos.

I am always blessed by what is given by this school, and it is exciting for the kids here to receive special gifts from kids in the United States.

This year I want to share a sweet story that Lauren sent to me....this is from the mom of one of the student's in this first grade class - -

"so proud of my boy... He received lots of fun school and art supplies for Christmas and this morning he bagged them all up and donated them to a classroom in Honduras. Didn't even think twice about it...oh to have that kind of heart."

Now, how cool is that!!!

No comments: