Although I have a hefty "to do" list for today, I didn't have to be anywhere this morning and I am not on any timetable, so I was able to enjoy the slowness of the day!
I spent most of my time out on my balcony, writing in my journal and reading a devotional. I love it with I can have that time - as if time has stopped and I have all the time in the world to sit and read and pray and write and enjoy. This morning - time stood still for me!
One thing that I am trying to do more of this year is write - I love to write in my journal - I am not a talker - I would much rather write. Putting things down on paper is freeing! So this morning I sat outside and just began to write....
This morning sitting here on my balcony, taking in the sounds --- dog barking, water pump coming on, truck reverse beep, cars on the "highway", birds singing - some sweet chirps, some squawking - horns beeping, people talking as they walk down the street - Those are the sounds of my home.
Sights - I love to look out and see the mountain - it is beautiful!!
I also love the street below me - it is a typical Honduran street - different colored houses, different sizes, some placed behind a large painted cement wall, some with their front door inches from the street. People walking, people riding bicycles, a man riding a bicycle with a box attached to the hand bars and another attached behind his seat - If there's a will there's a way! No need for a delivery truck around here....either a wheelbarrow or a bicycle and a couple of boxes and some rope!
Smells - not any today - ahhh that's a good day! Some days there is an odor of dead fish, some days animal poo, other times that water smell - not the bad sewage smell the water sometimes has - just the water smell - I know it when I smell it, but there is no way to describe it.
With the breeze I smell a hint of fragrance from a flower or some blooms from the trees in the field below me.
PEACEFUL ....
In the field below the cows are out grazing, mommas with their babies. The babies are so cute - eating and rolling in the grass.
I love that time on my balcony, to take it all in, and just be alive! Pray and listen and breathe and be alive! Thank you God for today! For stopping time for me a little this morning, for letting me enjoy all there is around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment