Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The Joy of the Lord is your Strength!  Nehemiah 8:10





That verse has sort of been my theme this year.  Not that I have had joy every day...there are many days that I have let the fatigue and circumstances of the kids and the devil get me down and steal my joy...but thankfully the Lord has reminded me each time where my Joy comes from!  HIM!


Today I decided to get out some of my Christmas decorations.  I know, it isn't Thanksgiving yet, but in Honduras there isn't a Thanksgiving holiday, which means I can decorate early!  WOO HOO!!  I love Christmas and I love the decorations and lights!  

This evening while taking home a couple of my kids who had been at my house doing homework, we saw some Christmas lights on a building, which made me want to come home and get out the tree.  I didn't have the energy for all that, but when I opened my drawer to pull out some Christmas decorations I found this JOY ornament! 

I was so excited when I saw this ornament!  I had bought a few new decorations while in Texas last year, at an after Christmas sale.  God knew last December when I was shopping what this year would hold, and that this verse from Nehemiah would become my life-line this year!  A few decorations are out, and this JOY is sitting on a shelf in my kitchen so I can see it all the time! 

I think it will stay out all year....JOY is something God is ready to give us through every situation all year long!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh, that is awesome!!!! I love that you bought this ornament and it was the one the Lord had you find. And it is so pretty! Makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

i love your post! thanks for sharing God bless you ... loves soraya