Yesterday at school I had some money taken from my purse. I was upset, thinking how could one of the kids do that, I love them and it hurts that one would think so little of me that they would steal from me. It has happened before - usually small amounts like yesterday - and it isn't so much about the money as it is that it hurts me.
So, once the kids started finding out, different ones started coming to me to ask how much it was, and if anyone had returned it. They were all showing so much concern for me over it.
During the morning break, one of my boys bought me a soda and then during lunch Lesly bought me a Coca Light.
Later that afternoon we found out who had taken it and she confessed to it. I let Miss Dinora deal with the situation and her punishment.
Then today, Lesly made an announcement during the day and was going around collecting money. I assumed it was for the activity they were doing today for a Spanish class where they were selling coffee and some type of sweet bread. But actually, they were collecting money to give to me - the students wanted to give me the amount that was taken from me (87 lempiras - about $5). Lesly was concerned that they had not collected the whole amount so she asked Miss Paty what they could do .... Lesly took the money the class had collected and bought Coca Lights for me. I did not know any of this was happening...
I was called outside to talk to Lesly and she was standing there with 4 bottles of Coca Light. She told me that all the kids were so embarassed that the money was taken from me and so they wanted to replace it for me. I was so touched!
I talked to the entire Learning Center about what had happened. How I had felt hurt yesterday, but the love and concern they had all shown me yesterday and today so far outweighed the hurt I had felt! What a blessing I had received! The love they all showed for me was priceless!!!
Sometimes I wonder "do they even care?" I give time at school and after school and at my house and on Saturdays, and money for the merit store and prizes and monthly pizza parties... And at times I start to think "do they care about anything I do for them?" "do they notice?" "do they even care?"
Then this happens - I needed that! I was overwhelmingly blessed! It is nice when you see how much they do care.
I have the best kids!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! That is so great that the kids did that for you! You were blessed and they were blessed! So much good came from a bad situation! Thanks for posting!
What an awesome response from your kids, Stephanie. Yes, now and again, they do let us know that they're listening...
What a blessed, sweet story!!!! Leave it to children to think up a way to make things right. This is my first visit to your blog, and I want to catch up on past posts!!!! Thank you for being where you are, doing what God has called you to do!!!! Just that means so much to me!
Just had to put a PS here! I just spotted your chocolate lab, Samson!!!! My Buster could be his brother as they look so much alike. Mine is a little misbehaved and has some emotional hang-ups, but I love him just the same!
Post a Comment