Saturday, January 22, 2011

This past week ended Vacation School...it will now be time to start putting classrooms together and get ready for the new school year.

This past week was stressful on the kids, which then flows over on me. They knew they had a lot of Paces to complete by Friday...some of them it depends on if they will pass to the next grade or be held back...so it was an important week.

Some of the kids I prayed that they would kick into gear and be serious, while others I was praying for them to relax and not put so much pressure on themselves. So many of them were working so hard.

By Friday we were all exhausted, and I was never so happy for it to be Friday!

Well some of my favorites were there to entertain me again....

Ronny just started at Ruach last year...and it is his first time at a bilingual school. He has been working on English Paces for the past two weeks, without a break from English. He has been doing great....he thought he could get out of some of the writing because the vocabulary was very difficult, but I got him to do it...and he did a great job!

Yesterday after taking another English Test he said Miss please let me have a Math Pace....I would have been happy to give him Math, but unfortunately we did not have his current Math pace in our inventory...so I came back to the Learning Center with another English Pace. Poor kid, he had had enough English!

He entertained us, wrapping his head with his scarf like a turban and sitting cross-legged in his chair ... When I came toward him with my camera I caught him in a moment of laughter!

Later in the day he did it again...the mentolina (menthal muscle cream) on his eyes. Oh Ronny! When I told him to go wash his eyes out...he stood up and started to walk and ran himself right into a metal pole in the room. Thankfully he didn't knock himself out! So I walked him to the pila ...watch your step, take a step up, watch the tree....ok here is the water.....

Ronny, why did you do that again? You know it hurts your eyes! Miss, I am bored, I am tired of English....somebody bring that boy a Math Pace!!!! I will have to be sure I don't let him get bored when school starts!

I told the kids yesterday I guess a new rule will have to be "No mentolina allowed in the Learning Center!" ha ha ha!

KIDS!!! Love em!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Get that boy a math pace. :) You are going to have a fun and interesting year, aren't you.