Happy Birthday to Me!!!
Saturday was my birthday....It started early in the week with my sister posting a picture of me growing up each day, counting down to my birthday. That was a lot of fun!
Friday night the messages started coming....and my Saturday morning began at 6:45 a.m. with a phone call from one of my precious students, Katherine Paola, who called and sang Happy Birthday to me. I picked Annette, Melissa and Josiah up Saturday morning and we headed off to Tegucigalpa for a day of shopping, and just getting out of town.
On the way to Tegucigalpa, we were sitting at a road construction stop, and Annette could not find Josiah's cup ....so she got out of the car and went around to open his car door to look for the cup. As she pulled the outside handle of the door the handle broke off! Each of my door handles have been repaired more than once...it is a constant joke about which one of the doors is working! We laughed so hard.....not to mention Annette's reaction was "Oh Crap!" To which Josiah responded "Crap"....we were all laughing so hard, which made Josiah continue with his new word! It was the funniest moment...we laughed and laughed!
We arrived several hours later and went shopping for Annette's new refrigerator. We then went to eat at a very pretty restaurant. Josiah was happy to watch the water.
Josiah, enjoying a cup of ice!
My taco lunch - YUM!
Throughout the day I had text messages from friends and students sending me birthday wishes. It was so special! And of course...the best was a text message from Joshua!
After the long journey back to Comayagua....through the road construction and making it down the road in the dark and only hitting half the pot holes...to which Josiah would announce "CRASH!" with each hole we hit! We went back to Annette's for pizza, a movie and a lemon cake! It was a fun fun day!
Tonight my boys came over to play UNO...they cheat...we laugh....they gang up on me....but we have so much fun! Soon school will be starting and they will be here doing homework and we will miss the days of UNO...but I'm sure we will still have some pillow fights and they will be eating lots of eggs and tortillas and cookies! :) Today David's mom sent him with a plant for my birthday. He has instructed me not to kill it...I hope I can obey! Just realized this is my first plant in Honduras... maybe everyone should pray for the plant!I miss my family and my friends in the United States, but God has blessed me with so many friends and my Honduran family here!
2 comments:
I love this post and the pictures!! Cannot believe how big Josiah is getting. I am so glad you had a fun, fun day. I could not help but laugh about the door handle. We miss you but it helps so much knowing your friends are loving on you, especially at special times of the year.
That sounds like a perfect birthday! So glad it was full of laughter and fun. I loved the picture you took of your food. It was a great shot ... and the food looked AMAZING! I hope the rest of this year is as good as this day! Love you!
Post a Comment