I had seen this a couple of times at one of the grocery stores here....but was not sure what it was. Many times I see odd looking fruits or vegetables that I don't recognize and some of them I try and find that they are good and interesting.
Well these were located near the potatoes and since they are shaped like a sweet potatoe I thought maybe, just maybe, it was some relative of the sweet potatoe.
So I bought two...and today I peeled and boiled one to see what it would be like. I was a little surprised when I peeled the purple skin and found that the inside was white... but I was very happy when I boiled it, and added a little butter and tried it...it tastes similar to a sweet potatoe. Just a lighter flavor. But made me happy!
I love sweet potatoes, and had been thinking that one sounded really good....so I have a sort of purple similar potatoe....
Better than thinking last week that I was craving beets, since I really don't like beets, but I bought one and cooked it and yuk...now I remember why I don't like them...because I don't!
This was a much better experience.
2 comments:
A much better experience than the one with the beet!!
Steph: Your new place sounds wonderful! I'm so glad the LORD showed you where you would live. I just read the story about the beet. The only way I like beets is raw, cut up in a salad. They're nice & crunchy that way. They're better, too, if you grow them yourself. The reason you have such a nice new place, with closets & drawers, is because you are "Precious in His Sight!" Good luck w/ your moving. Love, Phyllis
Post a Comment