Wednesday, June 09, 2010

ISC no. 11


The girls cheering Gerson on at Soccer Kick







That afternoon we had Bible Bowl and Pace Bowl...and I needed to wash Dassia´s shirt.

Oh that was a day of nightmares. If you know me you know that I could get lost in my own living room. So Dassia spilled juice on her uniform shirt at breakfast, and she needed it for Pace Bowl that afternoon. Her other uniform shirt was dirty. So I said I will run off campus, pick up some soap and come back and wash her shirt. Sounds easy!



I knew how to get to a Walgreens, not far from campus.....I got there, and leaving my breadcrumbs, thought I knew how to get back. NOT! So my quick little trip turned LONG! Henry called me and asked for food, which I had picked up some healthy snacks at Walgreens (because the boys had not made it to breakfast that day), so if I can ever find my way back on campus I will come to the soccer kick and bring the Gaterades I bought Gerson and the snacks.....IF I ever find my way back.

I did....if not I would still be roaming around Kentucky!

I finally got there, with all the one way streets and round abouts, I made it....fed the boy (Mr. Henry), and headed back to the girls´dorm to wash Dassia´s shirt.



Put a dollar in the changer and WA LA....It has no quarters! You are kidding me! So I call Annette, who was on her way to campus and said help I need quarters, it took me an hour to get the soap, I don´t dare leave campus again to try and make change!

Finally with quarters and soap the shirt got washed, and partially dried, and we were off to Pace Bowl and Bible Bowl.


That afternon, Gerson preached, and Dassia performed her dramatic monologue.

The Judges praying with Dassia before she began.

Can you guess which Bible character she is?









I was so proud of Dassia. This was her first time to compete in this competition, she was very nervous, but did a great job. I hope she will try again next year!

I missed Gerson preaching, it happened while Dassia was in her dramatic monologue. :(

Time for a quick clothing change and off to another building for the singing competition. It´s amazing when you watch your 13 year old 7th grader transform into a young lady! She´s a beauty!



We are waiting for her turn....a Judge had to excuse herself to the bathroom and we were afraid she had gone home...it had been a long day and this seemed like even a longer wait!






The judges praying for her before she begins.





Her song was beautiful! I cry every time, I love seeing my kids perform!


No comments: