Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Yes, we arrived at the Embassy on time yesterday....even with all the road construction, accident we passed, and the horrible construction-traffic coming into the city....3 hours later we made a safe arrival at the Embassy! (This trip should really only take about one and one-half hours)....We arrived just in time to learn that the EMBASSY IS CLOSED EVERY FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH!

NNNOOO!!!! You have got to be kidding me! But they weren´t!

So we started the LONG drive home! The traffic again - took 40 minutes to go about a mile....if there is only one lane why make 6 different rows of cars and it looked like a massive game of bumper cars-busses-taxis- and I just wanted to get through without the bumping part of the game!

Then we headed home... I got home, started bringing in laundry, got something to drink, then thought oh I will go turn on my computer....where is my computer? It was on the couch when I left this morning. Maria sometimes puts things in odd places, so I call Henry and ask him to call Maria...she said no she didnt´move it, it was on the couch when she left that morning after cleaning. Then Maria called me asking what had happened to my computer...I told her it was gone. She was shocked!

ME TOO!

My first thought was Joshua! I needed my son, I really needed to just fall into a hug from Joshua but since I am in Honduras and he is in Kansas I had to settle for a phone call. I called him pretty hysterical, crying and saying ... Can I please just come home!? He got me under control and made me calm down so I could tell him what had happened. He was asking me all the guy questions, about the locks and doors and windows, and how did they get in....while on the phone with him, Henry had been making phone calls too - to Annette and to John and Deborah. Next thing I know John and Henry are outside my gate calling to me.

I let them in, still in tears. This computer had been a gift to me, and my heart was breaking over all the photos and video that were on it and were not backed up. :( Some of the photos are copied on DVDs and some have been uploaded to Facebook and this Blog, so not all is a loss....but it was still so disturbing.

Later that evening we went to John´s so I could get online and change passwords to my bank account and credit cards and email account and facebook (don´t want anyone messing with my bejeweled score!)

Last night I spent a lot of time crying....every time I would think of a picture of Josh or an event with family or with the students here and wonder if I have those photos anywhere the tears would start again. And every sound I heard I was up and checking outside. We knew that whoever had taken the computer had a key, there was no forced entry.

During my time last night, praying and crying and questioning my call to Honduras.....do I still belong here.....am I accomplishing what he called me here for....I had stood with John and Henry last night and named the things I felt I had not had a positive impact on over the last couple weeks - so was I still serving God´s purposes here.

The answer is YES! God told me to stand and fight - this is the enemy - take back the authority over my home, the school, the kids, my classroom....and so I did and I continue to do this!

I prayed through my house last night, and proclaimed that the devil has no right here and he needs to just stop messing with me! It seems that each year that I have been here there has been a common thread each year where I could see the devil at work - and this year it seems like the devil has attacked my finances, my material possessions. I have had money stolen from me several times at school....lost money a couple times here in my house....lost money last week at school with too many things on my mind...then almost 2 weeks ago the electrical surges that took out several appliances in my home.....and now the theft of my laptop.

I know these are only things.....they really don´t matter....but I like having a tv....and I like having my oven so I can bake things as gifts for people and to treat my kids when they are here or baking for my class....and my internet and my computer....and the money that was stolen and lost.... it can become very discouraging, and very frustrating, and honestly last night it was making me doubt my place in this country. I just felt like ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.....but yes enough is enough and now devil you have beat me up enough and it´s over!

I can look back now and see God in this - I am safe, Samson was not hurt, I had friends here to help me who came running to my side, I was able to change all my passwords with their help before anything could be tampered with, and the big one - I can´t tell you how many times I have called Joshua and get his voicemail! I hardly ever get him when I call.....especially not on the first call...but when I needed him he was there on the phone with me! Being my son, helping to hold me up under the pressures of life....Thank you God! Thank you Friends! and Thank you Joshua!

Henry got my locks at the house changed today, and even set up a desktop for me so I can be on the internet. What a blessing!

Time to focus back on the kids at school! That is where my heart truly is! So devil get off me and off my friends and off Ruach and everyone associated with it, because my God Rocks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will keep praying for you, Steph. At Life Group James has been teaching the book of Ephesians, and Sunday night Robert and Sheila told all of us how, each morning they both put on the whole armour.. Holding hands in prayer, they go down the whole list and arm themselves to face the day. I was inspired. Love you, Lynn

Stacy Burnett said...

I am so sorry. I hope that person feel convicted and brings it back. Even if they don't tell you they did it. They could just leave it on your doorstep. I really hope they didn't sell it. It's worth more to you than any money they could get.

Stacy

Jenn said...

so sorry stephanie... we pray for you and are praying now. stand your ground that is set apart for you. i too hope the person that took it brings it back. please know that you are lifted up!