Thursday I came home after school and I had no electricity. I thought well it will be back on soon...times without electricity are just a way of life. So I did some things around the house, and then ran to the store, came home, still no power. It also reminded me that I had not paid my electric bill the prior month, and it was time that I should have received my bill for this month. They sometimes blow away because they tape them with the tiniest miniscule piece of tape to the gate outside your house.....so this is the second month I didn´t have my little paper to pay my bill with.
So off to the bank with a bill from a couple months ago so I could pay....could they have shut off my lights? Surely not...my second bill would have just come a couple days ago....well I better go pay while I have the time.
Home, still no lights, and no street lights on my side of the road...so maybe just a section of this block is out.
OK, well going to Bible study at Sandi´s tonight, so it will be on later....
As I was leaving to go to Bible study I see that now ALL the street lights are on, and I start looking inside people´s gates and see lights on in their houses....everyone but me has lights!
I just laugh! Yes I laughed! Can you believe it? We have a student at our school whose dad works for the electric company....so I call Henry to see if he has his number....no answer - Henry is at worship practice at the base...okay, MaryCruz I know she has his number....no answer....she ALWAYS answers...I call a couple more times...no answer.... I call Patty - no answer. I am really laughing now....no one is answering their phones....this never happens!
Later, during Bible study I get MaryCruz ...she calls for me...he is eating dinner but will go later. Please tell him I will pay him, my bill is paid and I really don´t want to go all night with no power.
He did it for me! I got home from Bible study and all my lights were on! Was it worth 300 lemperas (about $15) to me? Oh Yes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment