I was surprised when I saw that it had been one month since my last post. This school year seems to be flying!!!
I want to say ...SLOW DOWN!
Well in the past month I have learned a lot about the process to request Visas. It has been very stressful but I got all the paperwork together, had everything they told us to bring when I set the appointments, even got emergency appointments based on the dates of our trip...and yet still got a different answer on each of the kids when we went to the Embassy on Friday. We received one NO; two yes, but maybes; and one bring us back a document and we will make a decision. Henry got his Visa and he has been doing the happy dance!
Henry and I are headed back there tomorrow to take a document that is not a requirement - however, the person who handled this child's interview will not make a final decision without it...so here we go! Government, no matter what country you are in or where you are from....they get a little bit of power and some people just get crazy with it! So we will pray and provide everything she asked for and pray that we can get a YES tomorrow.
Friday we met at the school at 5:00 a.m. and got home at 4:00 p.m ....what a LONG day!
My knees are still sore from my crash landing I made as I was hurrying to leave Friday morning. I debated...heels or sandles....the kids know I hate to wear shoes, but I decided I should wear my heels so I would look more professional. So at 5 minutes to 5:00 a.m. with my printer in its box in my left hand, my bag with everyone's folders and documents on my right shoulder, along with my purse and my computer bag, I went hurrying down the walkway around my house to get to my car....in the dark...and in my heels....my foot went into one of the cracks in the walk way and I went flying. Printer crashed to the ground....laptop bag went flying...purse in another direction and me flat on the ground on my knees. As I finally arrived at the school with all my things put back together...I looked down and my pants which are now dirty from the fall and thought yea great, I wanted to look professional and my pants are dirty now~!
Tomorrow...I'm thinking wear my sandals and carry my heels to put on before we walk across the strees to the Embassy. :)
PRAY FOR US....SAFE TRAVELS....ARRIVE ON TIME.... (we have a 30-minute window to turn in the document - from 1:00 - 1:30).....AND TO GET A POSITIVE ANSWER ON DASSIA, and on our Yes, but Maybe kids - ANA RAQUEL AND JOSE DAVID!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment