Today as I was standing there next to the sawdust carpet we had made, taking photographs of the procession that was about to walk across it, and destroy it, I was thinking about this custom and while I don't know all the symbolism of this event, here is what occurred to me....
On this day we make these beautiful carpets - then these people carrying a statue of Jesus carrying the cross walk across the carpets - destroying them - taking something beautiful and making it a mess - BUT Jesus does exactly the opposite!
We are a mess, we are not beautiful, but with Jesus he changes that and can make us something beautiful! Put us back together! We don't have to be a mess, but He can put things into order and make us how we were intended to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So true. I thought of this... The cross over-rides everything that we value. It was the Main Event.
Happy Easter, Stephanie!
Love, Lynn
Post a Comment