Saturday, October 03, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!!!

Today is Joshua's 21st birthday. It is so hard being away from my son on special days, and then there are always those whispers of guilt telling me I have deserted him. Those whispers are sounding off in between my tears of just wishing I could be there to spend this special day with him.

I am so thankful for my sister and brother-in-law who drove most of the day Friday to arrive in Kansas, to have dinner with Josh and spend the evening with him, and take him to breakfast on his birthday, and who are now driving back home to Texas.

I pray that Joshua will be blessed beyond words today on his birthday and will know how much his mom loves him, even though I can't be there with him!

I am so very proud of my son, my little boy, my strong young man, my friend, my 21-year old, my son the soldier!

Happy Birthday Joshua!


1 comment:

Elaine said...

Beautiful words from the heart of a loving mom!