Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We celebrated Dia de Nino (Day of the Child) on September 10. It was a lot of fun! We had food, and games, gifts and pinatas, and time to just hang out with friends and visit. It was a lot of work for the Spanish teachers....I got to hang with the kids but Miss Kristy and Miss Mary Cruz did all the work to prepare!



5th graders hanging out waiting for the party to get started.


Katherine looking so cool! With the shades and the hat....I told her she looked like a biker chic ready to hop on the back of a Harley with her cute boyfriend!


4th graders!


Gabriel...aka Dr. Brainiac....aka Dr. Lagos... One day he may be performing brain surgery or finding a cure for cancer or helping sick people who cannot afford to go to the big city for treatment...and I can say I was his teacher! Love this guy!



Katherine's little sister , Genesis, who is in Kinder. She is sooo cute and looks so much like Katherine! She is a real cutey!



The 3rd & 4th graders had Burger King for lunch...which came with the awesome masks! Andres and David Arturo are showing me their cool super hero moves!




Dassia and Miss Kristy's daughter, who the kids started calling "Mini Miss Kristy" She is so cute!




Yea, they may be in 6th grade, and they may think they are all cool and grown up and sophisticated and with their cool clothes and their boyfriends and their cell phones and their music ...but give them a pinata full of candy and they become kids again! I love these guys!



Katherine's pile of candy! I was at her house today and they are still eating on this candy.



This little guy has the biggest beautiful eyes!


Miss Candy has some of the cutest kids in her Kinder class! The little guy in the middle is so adorable and everyone loves him! I can't wait to see him as he grows up over the years.


Miss Candy had some music playing outside her classroom, and as soon as the song came on that the kids had learned a dance to this year, they began dancing. I love it!


Ivis, Josue and Hanssel. Josue and Hanssel look so nice in their new outfits.

David Arturo and Andres. David and his younger brother Josue got new clothes in celebration of the day of the child. He was so proud to show me his new outfit.

The 6th graders have been practicing this skit for weeks. They were excited to perform this day.




Fernando - PREACHING!
He is taking after his big brother.


These are the gifts bags Mary Cruz and Carol made for the 3rd and 4th graders. Mary Cruz is so creative! She made these gift bags out of pieces of construction paper and yarn, then decorated them and put each child's name on their bag. The kids loved them!

My 6th grade boys chillin and listening to music.

Nicole has this beautiful natural curly hair. I remember last year her mom fixed her hair this way on the Day of the Child too. She loves it when her mom fixes her hair this way. It is so pretty...and I love to play with her ringlets!


The tables decorated by Miss Kristy for the 5th and 6th graders


1 comment:

Alyshia said...

awww!! what a fun day!!!