I loved my time in Texas, with Joshua and my family, but was also torn when I extend my trip by a week and explain to my kids at the school that I wasn't coming back the day I had planned. While I was away I had telephone conferences with some of my 6th grade students, some were happy to talk to me, others wanted to hide. Guess which ones are in trouble for not working?!
But I was happy when I finally made it back home on Saturday. I was supposed to fly home Friday, but rain delays in Houston meant no airplane to get on in Dallas, so I would miss my flight going out of Houston to Honduras. Okay, so an extra night with family.
Back to the airport at 4:30 a.m. Saturday....get my bags checked and through security and onto the plane...when the pilot came on and announced...."mechanical problems....delay...." I wanted to scream! My flights were already close....1 hour 20minutes from the time I was scheduled to land in Houston until the time my flight left for Honduras. So I am sitting and counting the minutes and subtracting them from the time I will have to get to my gate in Houston.
Finally an hour later they tell us the leak has been repaired and they are closing the cabin doors so that we can get out on the runway...and GET IN LINE!!! Still more time until take off! The pilot must have been speeding....we barely got into the air and the seatbelt light was off for about 5 minutes when he turned it back on and said we were beginning our descent into Houston. There wasn't even time to go to the bathroom (more to that part of the story).
When we landed at Terminal C....the pilot asked that the people wait and let those who have a close time on their connecting flight to get off first. I grabbed my carry ons and got off that plane - I had 30 minutes...and we were at Terminal C and my flight took off from Terminal E....so I was running running and got to the train....got on and took it to Terminal E...and then running running to the gate.....people were still in line to get on and hallelujiah there was a bathroom right beside my gate! I let them know I was there, and asked about my luggage and then ran to the bathroom....ahhhh...then back out and on the plane!
As we came into Honduras it was very cloudy and the pilot announced that there was some weather in the area. Well if you have ever landed in Tegucigalpa you know that they need to be able to see the short runway right beside the highway.....we were in the clouds and we kept coming down and down and down and were still in the clouds. A very creepy feeling knowing where we are landing and that when they don't have good visibility they turn around and head to San Pedro Sula. We finally got out of the clouds and we made a big circle around the city to get back around to the airport....made us be about 30 minutes late landing.
As I was on the plane that day I was journaling and wondering ...God what is this about. Is this you? Is this the devil trying to mess with me? Just as with Joshua's situation. Because of him being in the hospital and then on medical for a few days before he could start his 10 days of leave...this put him getting to Ft. Riley later than the rest of the guys coming from his Batallion, which could make a difference in where he falls into position at Ft. Riley...I see it all as God's way of putting Joshua where he wants him. I know that God is in control of the situation. It was just an odd trip for both of us....none of our dates were as we had planned, but I do believe we both got to where we were supposed to be at God's time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment