Wednesday, July 01, 2009

What a great compliment!

Earlier this week we had a large group of gringos come to the school to do a drama for the kids. So they had all the elementary kids in watching the drama. When they came back to the Learning Center, Gabriel, one of my 6th graders was talking about the group. He said “ Miss that was a lot of gringos! I could tell they were all Gringos, you can smell them.” I said “you can smell them? “ he said “Yes Miss gringos smell different than we do.” I asked him “do I smell? What do I smell like?” He told me (and this was such a compliment!) “Miss, you have been here too long, you are one of us now, you don’t smell like a gringo” AWWW how sweet! I smell Honduran!

I was telling Annette tonight, she said it’s probably because all the gringos smell like Off! HA HA HA!!! She is probably right!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

LOVE this story. :)