Today we took the school on a field trip to a park in Siguatapeque. It was a lot of fun! I really think the kids enjoyed the day!
This morning planning and rearranging started as what we thought was going to be under 70 persons, turned into 90 persons and we had a 70-passenger bus.
Kids who had not returned the permission slip and money showed up today with those things...as well as many parents who showed up ready to ride on the bus with their child. So we started packing kids into cars.
My 4-person car held 6 of us! Four in the back seat, and me and Miss Dunia. It was better than riding on the bus! The bus was hot and had 70 sweaty kids on it! :)
But it was a fun day! They got to see many beautiful flowers, and hike through the woods, see coffee plants, make weapons out of bamboo sticks (gotta love boys!), walked across a swinging wooden bridge, and have all around fun day exploring and picnicing.
Check out some of the pictures I took from the day. Although I didn't get as many as I would have liked...the batteries on my video camera died as soon as we arrived, and then within the first 20 minutes the batteries started flashing on my camera, and eventually didn't have enough power to stay on. I almost packed extra batteries in my purse...it was that little voice that tells you to do something that you ignore and then later say "why didn't I listen!?"
2 comments:
awww! I love all the pix! It looks like it was really fun! It makes me miss everyone so much!!
Loved hearing about your day! I laughed about the extra kids and you packing them in your car. Sure different than here in the states! I love the first picture of the hibiscus!
Post a Comment