Ahhh still no new pictures from school! I cannot keep up with my post-its! Friday I had post-it notes stuck all over a notebook with different things to do and ask and get help with. Life doesn't slow down!
I have been busy with our two students who are going to international convention next week. Even though they are going with another school, it seems everyday they have a question or two or three or dozen about something...and many are questions I don't know but have to find out from the school they will be traveling with.
I will breathe easier when they have gone to convention and gotten back to Honduras safely and happily! I feel like I'm sending off two of my own kids! And all the forms and rules and guidelines....enough to make you crazy!
Last week I had a fun day of surprising one of my students with a new soccer ball. I have been trying to encourage this student to work hard, (many of you have tried to help me with suggestions for how to encourage him)....and last week when he did his practice Math test before turning in his pace he got a 100. He asked me what I would do if he got a 100 on his test the following day...I asked him what he would want and he said a soccer ball. Well, he didn't get a 100, but he got a 95. And in talking with him during the week last week he shared some things with me that made me see he really needed some positive attention....something to encourage him to continue to do good and receive positive attention and not negative attention...so the following day I showed up at school with his new soccer ball. He was surprised because he had not gotten that 100 on his test. But I told him I wanted him to remember that positive attention is more rewarding than negative attention and that he had worked hard that week and I thought he had earned something special. If I could bottle his smile and share it with the world - everyone in the world could be happy!
Please continue to pray for Ruach and for the students and for the teachers. There is so much that the kids need besides only help with their school work. Help us as we encounter life issues, life choices, family problems....it seems like every day we have opportunities to discuss real life changing things with the kids, and I just pray that I have the right words to say to them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment