You could call today a success! We had two meetings with parents of students who had detention for not doing homework, and did not bring their detention slip signed today. So we made a call home and asked for a meeting.
Both meetings went well...one was filled with tears and a promise of a new attitude and work ethic. I am praying that will be seen on Monday!
The second meeting went well also. But the most rewarding thing was watching this young boy walk out of the Learning Center with his father's arm around him. WOW! Patty and I stood and watched, both a little teary eyed....that is what we have wanted for the last two years! For dad to be involved with his son...and not just being angry with him but really caring and showing that to his son. And it is so much what his son wants! It was an awesome moment!!!
Please pray for our kids, that they will work hard during the day and complete their homework. Many 5th and 6th graders are falling behind. Sixth grade is a crucial year, as these kids graduate this year....and there are many who are still finishing up their fifth grade Paces from last year. This week I doubled their daily goals, so they now need to complete anywhere from 30 to 40 pages per day....this is a lot, but they can do it! If they will work hard and stay focused on their Paces!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I pictured the dad walking with his arms around his son...so precious! A picture of God's love to us! I will pray they get those paces finished.
Post a Comment