Happy Easter! We could not get on the base this morning for chapel service. They gave both of us trouble…they couldn’t find Carol’s pass in the book, and they wouldn’t accept my pass because it lists my Passport number and I had my Drivers License….even though that is how I have gotten on base every Sunday for almost two years. So what did God have for us as we worshipped at home?
So we returned to our homes this morning. Since living in
I worshipped this morning with Kari Jobe. One of her songs from her new CD particularly spoke to me this morning. The song is called “Sweep Me Away”. The part that really took me was Sweep me away in your love where nothing else matters
WOW! How many things have I let get in the way of my relationship with God. Responsibilities at school, convention, worrying about the kids, day to day living and responsibilities of caring for my house and Annette’s house, all the things that I let pile up on me and forget to get in God’s presence. All those things mean nothing if I move away from God.
Any time I feel distant from God, when I think I’m not hearing Him, I don’t know where He is, it’s me! I need to turn off the world around me and just let God sweep me away!
I read from each of the Gospels this morning concerning the capture, crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. I love the verses in John where Jesus prays for his disciples then he prays for all those who will come to know Him and love Him. Reading these prayers you can feel how much Jesus loves each of us. To think that He thought of me and prayed for me…that just blows me away!
Have a blessed day!
2 comments:
love your thoughts stephanie, Happy Easter we love you and are praying for you,
Jenny p
Truely I think you got more out of your intimate time with the Lord than if you had gone to chapel and heard a sermon. I think God wanted to speak to your heart in the quiet of your house. He had a lot to say...and what he told you blessed me too. Thanks for sharing this on your blog!
Love and miss you!
Post a Comment