Sunday, January 18, 2009

Last night I shared a DVD that Joshua had made for me. I gave him about 100 or so pictures of my kids and life in Honduras and asked him to make a DVD with these pictures and a song. He did a great job on this for me!

When I got back to the U.S. I was driving (in the van loaned to me by Calabrese Auto - THANKS TIM! YOU ROCK!) and I was listening to the radio and this song came on that made me cry. You know when you hear a song that says what you feel in your heart and you think... wow someone else feels like I do, someone else understands this desire I have in my heart...well this was that song!

Of course I had to go out and buy the CD immediately, and I love every song on the CD. The band is called Starfield, and the song is I Will Go. (you can check out the cd on their website http://www.starfieldonline.com/)

Here are the words to this song...

To the desparate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the need
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

Chorus:
I will go, I will go, I will go
Lord send me
To the world, to the lost, to the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I am clay within Your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing you poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

Chorus

I wanna live for You
Go where You lead me
I wanna follow You


This is the way I believe we each should live our lives, you don't have to go to another country to walk this out. There are people each day you see that need a touch from Jesus, who are hurting, lost, cast aside, they are everywhere! And you can be the touch from the Lord that they need.

No comments: